Why GP Vinyl Siding
Carefree beauty for your home
Whether you're building a dream home or renovating one you've loved for years, there's one solution for your home's exterior that will make it as beautiful, durable and carefree as possible: vinyl siding. Look to Georgia-Pacific Vinyl Siding for a complete line of vinyl siding with the colors, profiles, thicknesses and finishes that suit your home and budget.
Why Choose GP Vinyl Siding?
- Never paint or stain again!
- Impervious to termites
- Durable, economical and virtually maintenance-free for lasting value
- Coordinating line of vinyl accessories and trim
- Backed by a Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty*
A Healthy Respect For The Planet —
And Our Customers.
Georgia-Pacific, manufactured by Ply Gem, can help you meet your sustainable building goals and earn points in leading green building certification programs. Our products offer features that positively contribute to sustainable building practices, improved energy efficiency and lifecycle benefits of homes. All are important aspects of sustainable building and reflect Georgia-Pacific Vinyl Siding's contribution to the Ply Gem Enviro initiative.
- Georgia-Pacific Vinyl Siding is manufactured from two abundant natural resources: salt (57%) and natural gas (43%).1
- All post-product scrap material created during the manufacturing process is reclaimed.
- Vinyl siding generates less construction site waste than cardboard packaging, brick or lumber.
- When installed and used properly, Georgia-Pacific Vinyl Siding products never require paint or stain, which reduces VOCs released into the atmosphere.
- Georgia-Pacific aluminum producers have been evaluated by a third party and are GreenCircle certified to contain a minimum of 67% recycled content.
- Ply Gem facilities reuse and recycle pallets and packaging material, reducing raw material needs and landfill use.
- Ply Gem works with its suppliers to recycle as many materials as possible, including cores, cardboard padding, paint
totes, batteries, light bulbs, toner and paper.
- Vinyl siding requires less energy to manufacture per square foot than brick and mortar.2
- Georgia-Pacific Vinyl Siding
is lighter weight per square
than other cladding options,
so it requires less fuel to transport. Less fuel used
means less pollution.
- Georgia-Pacific Caliber High Performance Insulated Siding adds up to an additional R2.8 of insulation to exterior walls.
- All Ply Gem facilities do their part to conserve energy by
doing simple things like turning out lights on weekends and during shutdowns.
Lifecycle Benefits of Homes:
- Georgia-Pacific Vinyl Siding
is durable and requires no site finish. Our Metal Products stand up to weather with virtually
- When installed properly and under normal use, our products should never require painting
or staining. They won't crack, peel, blister or rot.
- All of our aluminum accessories are easily recyclable. In fact, at the end of its lifecycle in building applications, 100% of the aluminum can be recycled.
* For complete warranty details call 1-888-502-BLUE
1 “A Dozen Things You Might Not Know That Make Vinyl Siding Green,” page 9, Tad Radzinski, P.E., LEED AP, and VSI. October 10, 2009. http://www.vinylsiding.org/greenpaper/
2 Ibid, page 10
GP Vinyl Siding
GP Vinyl Siding Has Been Green approved by the nahb research center
This means you can be assured that GP Vinyl Siding complies with specific green practice criteria in the National Green Building Standard. Visit GreenApprovedProducts.com for more details.